I qualified in 2009 developing my own private counselling practice and have 6 1/2 years experience working for the NHS in GP surgeries, 2 years volunteering for Swindon & Wiltshire Alcohol & Drugs Service and therapist for Corporate Companies since 2013.
My theoretical approach is:
Humanistic “Person Centred” counselling working on the therapeutic relationship to support you, the way of being with another person entering their private world, being sensitive moment by moment, being non-judgemental, having empathy for the client's life, positive caring with no conditions attached, working to reconnect the client with their inner feelings and resources with the belief that everyone has ability to grow and become their "true self" and ultimately lead a happier more fulfilling life.
I also use other models tailored to individual client’s including:
Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, exploring how we think affects how we feel.
Psychodynamic, how the past may affect us in the here and now.
Transactional Analysis, exploring the ego states of Parent Adult & Child, as an adult we may at times communicate from all three.
Solution Focused Therapy, exploring choices open to the client.
These models can be integrated into the sessions.
Qualifications & Continued Professional Development:
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency & Registered Member
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling 2009
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling studies 2007
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills 2007
- Level 2 Certificate in Introduction to Counselling Skills 2006
- Swindon Wiltshire Alcohol & Drugs Service 2008-2010
- Extensive reading around mental health, anxiety, depression, mindfulness and impact on daily life
- The Fundamentals of Working with Couplesdaily life.
- Advanced Clinical Weight Loss Practitioner
- Existential Freedom - How to be real & find meaning
- Asperger Syndrome Awareness
- Chronic Fatigue
- Chronic Pain
- Complex Needs Training
- Dementia training
- Diversity Awareness workshop
- Dreams and the Symbolic Dimension
- Dual Diagnosis
- Managing Conflict
- Motivational interviewing - Association Psychological Therapies
- Safeguarding children 1 & 2
- Safeguarding Adults at Risk Recognition & Referral
- Working Collaboratively with risk
- Working with Generalised Anxiety Disorder
- Working with People who Self-injure
Every Accomplishment in Life Starts with a Decision to Try.