Paula qualified in 2009 developing her own private counselling practice, she has 6 1/2 years experience working for the NHS in GP surgeries, 2 years volunteering for Swindon & Wiltshire Alcohol & Drugs Service and therapist for Corporate Companies since 2013.
Paula's theoretical approach is:
Humanistic “Person Centred” counselling working on her therapeutic relationship to support you, the way of being with another person entering their private world, being sensitive moment by moment, being non-judgemental, having empathy for the client's life, positive caring with no conditions attached, working to reconnect the client with their inner feelings and resources with the belief that everyone has ability to grow and become their "true self" and ultimately lead a happier more fulfilling life.
She also uses other models tailored to individual client’s including:
Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, exploring how we think affects how we feel.
Psychodynamic, how the past may affect us in the here and now.
Transactional Analysis, exploring the ego states of Parent Adult & Child, as an adult we may at times communicate from all three.
Solution Focused Therapy, exploring choices open to the client.
These models can be integrated into the sessions.
Qualifications & Continued Professional Development:
- The Fundamentals of Working with Couples 2017
- Advanced Clinical Weight Loss Practitioner 2016
- Existential Freedom - How to be real & find meaning 2015
- Registered member of BACP 2013
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency 2013
- Member of BACP 2008
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling 2009
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling studies 2007
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills 2007
- Level 2 Certificate in Introduction to Counselling Skills 2006
- Swindon Wiltshire Alcohol & Drugs Service - Voluntary Counselor 2008-2010
- Disclosure Barring Service (previously CRB - Criminal Records Bureau) 2015
- Asperger Syndrome Awareness - Certificate 2012
- Chronic Fatigue - Certificate 2010
- Chronic Pain - Certificate 2010
- Complex Needs Training - Certificate 2013
- Dementia training - Certificate 2013
- Diabetes - Certificate 2010 & 2011
- Diversity Awareness workshop 2009 & 2014
- Dreams and the Symbolic Dimension 2014
- Dual Diagnosis 2014
- Managing Conflict 2011
- Motivational interviewing - Association Psychological Therapies 2010
- Safeguarding children 1 & 2 - 2014
- Safeguarding Adults at Risk Recognition & Referral 2014
- Working Collaboratively with risk 2014
- Working with Generalised Anxiety Disorder 2013
- Working with People who Self-injure - Certificate 2012
Every Accomplishment in Life Starts with a Decision to Try.